Over the weekend we did a big upgrade, part of witch meant all the reports had to be recreated to work with the new database schema, so I told people they would have to setup any subscriptions again.
First of all I think the being able to create subscriptions is a great idea. The only downside to it is having to specify a username/password to run as (i'm not sure how you could get round this though apart from running all the subscription reports as a specific user), and the fact that it has no built in print functionally.
To get round the lack of printing, we use a product call batch print pro, available from traction-software.co.uk. It is a fantastic piece of software that you point at a directory, and it monitors in there for PDF files and sends them to a printer you specify as they drop in. The setup of it is sometimes a bit odd but it worked well.
Anyway, a user created her subscriptions again but could not edit them once they changed, she kept getting an error when hitting save:
An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError) Get Online Help
|The EXECUTE permission was denied on the object 'sp_add_category', database 'msdb', schema 'dbo'.|
For some reason, when I looked on the reports server config, the windows service identity section was in an error state. I just put the username and password back in, and it worked again. I didn't even have to restart reporting services